[[{"content_id":420421,"content_number":0,"portal_id":2,"lang_id":"en","content_title":"Iran to use more destructive weapons if new war breaks out: IRGC spokesman","content_rtitr":"","content_short_title":null,"content_summary":"The Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says it will use significantly more destructive and advanced weapons than those employed in previous wars if a new war breaks out.","content_summary_fill":1,"content_body":"IRGC spokesman Brigadier General Hossein Mohebbi made the remark on Thursday while elaborating on Iran&rsquo;s military capabilities and the advancement of the missile warheads after the 12-day and 40-day wars waged by the United States and the Israeli regime against Iran in June 2025 and late February.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nMohebbi said the destructive power of the warheads employed in the IRGC missiles is far greater than that of those used in previous wars.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nHe added that Iran is making continuous advances in all areas of military weaponry, producing weapons that are more precise, destructive and technologically advanced.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\n&quot;If another war begins, our weaponry will certainly be different from those of the past. This difference could be reflected in the generation of warheads, strike precision [systems], missile range, or any other area,&rdquo; he emphasized.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nThe IRGC spokesman reiterated that Iran has never stopped the production and development of armaments, saying, &ldquo;We are progressing every day, where any scenario in this field is likely.&rdquo;\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nBack in July, Iran&rsquo;s acting defense minister Brigadier General Majid Ibn Reza said production lines are operating more actively than in the past, underscoring the Islamic Republic&rsquo;s determination to shape its defense future.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nSaudi Arabia unable to contain Ansarullah or remain safe from its attacks\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nElsewhere in his remarks, Mohebbi discussed the capabilities of Yemen&#39;s Ansarullah resistance movement in confronting Saudi aggression.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nThe IRGC spokesman said Israel has been fighting in Gaza for more than two years but has so far failed to inflict serious damage on the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nIt is not possible for Saudi Arabia, whose military capabilities are weaker than those of Israel, to defeat the Ansarullah resistance movement, he added.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\n&ldquo;Saudi Arabia will certainly be unable to contain Yemen and Ansarullah or remain safe from their attacks. As we have seen in recent days, the more Saudi Arabia attacks, the more it gets hit in return,&rdquo; he emphasized.\r\n\r\n&nbsp;\r\n\r\nMohebbi emphasized that Ansarullah is increasing its capabilities on a daily basis and Yemeni resistance is continuing its development with strength.","content_html":"<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">IRGC spokesman Brigadier General Hossein Mohebbi made the remark on Thursday while elaborating on Iran&rsquo;s military capabilities and the advancement of the missile warheads after the 12-day and 40-day wars waged by the United States and the Israeli regime against Iran in June 2025 and late February.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">Mohebbi said the destructive power of the warheads employed in the IRGC missiles is far greater than that of those used in previous wars.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">He added that Iran is making continuous advances in all areas of military weaponry, producing weapons that are more precise, destructive and technologically advanced.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">&quot;If another war begins, our weaponry will certainly be different from those of the past. This difference could be reflected in the generation of warheads, strike precision [systems], missile range, or any other area,&rdquo; he emphasized.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">The IRGC spokesman reiterated that Iran has never stopped the production and development of armaments, saying, &ldquo;We are progressing every day, where any scenario in this field is likely.&rdquo;<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">Back in July, Iran&rsquo;s acting defense minister Brigadier General Majid Ibn Reza said production lines are operating more actively than in the past, underscoring the Islamic Republic&rsquo;s determination to shape its defense future.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">Saudi Arabia unable to contain Ansarullah or remain safe from its attacks<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">Elsewhere in his remarks, Mohebbi discussed the capabilities of Yemen&#39;s Ansarullah resistance movement in confronting Saudi aggression.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">The IRGC spokesman said Israel has been fighting in Gaza for more than two years but has so far failed to inflict serious damage on the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">It is not possible for Saudi Arabia, whose military capabilities are weaker than those of Israel, to defeat the Ansarullah resistance movement, he added.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">&ldquo;Saudi Arabia will certainly be unable to contain Yemen and Ansarullah or remain safe from their attacks. As we have seen in recent days, the more Saudi Arabia attacks, the more it gets hit in return,&rdquo; he emphasized.<\/span><\/p>\r\n\r\n<p>&nbsp;<\/p>\r\n\r\n<p><span style=\"font-size:16px;\">Mohebbi emphasized that Ansarullah is increasing its capabilities on a daily basis and Yemeni resistance is continuing its development with strength.<\/span><\/p>","content_source":"","content_url":"","content_date_start":"2026-08-21 13:07:24","content_date_event":"2026-08-21 13:07:24","content_date_event_start":null,"content_date_event_end":null,"content_show_title_slider":1,"content_date_last_edit":"2026-08-21 13:08:31","content_date_register":"2026-08-21 13:08:31","content_columns":0,"content_show_img":1,"content_show_details":0,"content_show_related_img":0,"content_show_slider":1,"content_comment":1,"content_score":0,"tag_id":0,"score_average":null,"score_count":null,"score_date_last":null,"uid":43,"eid":0,"attach_title":"Iran to use more destructive weapons if new war breaks out: IRGC spokesman","attaches":[{"sizes":{"150":".\/cache\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702_150_84.webp","300":".\/cache\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702_300_169.webp","400":".\/cache\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702_400_225.webp","600":".\/cache\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702_600_337.webp","900":".\/cache\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702_900_506.webp","1200":".\/cache\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702_1000_562.jpg"},"ext":"jpg","file_media":1,"token":4259952702,"files":{"original":{"url":".\/file\/2\/attach\/202608\/573560_4259952702.jpg","width":1000,"height":562,"size":0}}}]}]]