Israel’s assassination of Hezbollah military leader Tabatabai an attack on entire Lebanon: MP
A senior Lebanese lawmaker has denounced the recent Zionist regime’s assassination of high-ranking Hezbollah military commander Haytahm Ali Tabatabai, calling it a flagrant act of aggression against the Lebanese government, the nation, and the resistance movement.
“It is their right and duty to act in a manner that halts the Zionist violations of Lebanon’s sovereignty,” Mohammad Raad, head of Loyalty to the Resistance Bloc – the political wing of Hezbollah – in the Lebanese parliament, said on Friday in an interview with the al-Modon news portal
He noted that the sensible approach is to compel the Israeli enemy to stop its hostilities and fully withdraw from the Lebanese territories.
“The useful stance that we call for and encourage is compelling the enemy to halt hostilities and withdraw, and after that, the border issues can be discussed, and we’re clearly against any political negotiations with the enemy,” Raad said.
The Lebanese legislator noted that US envoy Tom Barrack’s latest initiative has blatantly disregarded the 2024 ceasefire agreement between the Israeli regime and Hezbollah, and “gone far in calling on Lebanon to surrender and normalize with the Zionist enemy.”
Tabatabai, one of Hezbollah’s founder members, was martyred in an Israeli airstrike last week in the southern suburbs of Beirut.
His targeted assassination marked one of the most significant Israeli violations of the ceasefire with the Lebanese resistance group in the past year, as Washington continues to back Tel Aviv’s widening wars across the region.
Tabatabai, known within the movement as ‘Sayyed Abu Ali’, served as Hezbollah’s chief of staff after the assassination of top-ranking commanders last year and played a key role in its early formation, doctrinal development, and battlefield evolution.
As for the reports that Egyptian Foreign Minister Badr Abdelatty warned Lebanon of an imminent escalation during his meeting with Lebanese leaders in Beirut on Thursday, Raad stated that Hezbollah has learned of the details of the talks indirectly.
“It is clearly driven by the Egyptian brothers’ good intentions, but it seems to be a preliminary proposal or as the Lebanese say ‘an idea spoken out loud,’” he added.
Local media outlets reported that Abdelatty had warned Lebanese officials of a new Israeli war on Lebanon.
Asked about Hezbollah’s relation with President Joseph Aoun, the lawmaker said it is “based on clarity and frankness.”
“To Mr. President, Hezbollah is a national component. It is not terrorist as the US administration labels it, and it has a recognized role in liberating Lebanon from Zionist occupation,” Raad underscored.
As for the relation with Prime Minister Nawaf Salam, Raad said it is subject to “the seriousness of the governmental performance and how much it serves the national interest.”
social pages
instagram telegram twiter RSS