Wednesday 17 July 2019 
qodsna.ir qodsna.ir

US deal of the century stumbling, changing course: Palestinian official

Palestinian Presidential spokesman Nabil Abu Rudeineh has dismissed US President Donald Trump’s controversial proposal for “peace” between the Zionist entity and Palestinians, dubbed the so-called “deal of the century,” stressing that the plan is “stumbling and changing its course.”

As Reported by Qods News Agency (Qodsna) “The American conspiracy has stumbled and is changing course. It is due to the Palestinian rejection (of the deal) and the clear position of the president (Mahmoud Abbas) vis-à-vis al-Quds, refugees and the national constants. These issues form the cornerstone of the struggle that forced the conspiracy against the Palestinian people to falter. The Palestinian land is the cradle of history, heritage and religion. Al-Quds represents the spirit of this sacred existence,” he said in a statement released on Saturday.

 

Abu Rudeineh went on to say that the so-called deal of the century has been scaled down to a workshop, making reference to the forthcoming US-led conference in Bahrain scheduled for June 25-26.

 

“The true goal of the economic project is to circumvent the political negotiations that are based on the international legality. The bid will definitely hit a snag. The US administration and the international community

should not try initiatives that have been tested over the past 70 years, and have failed to yield intended results,” he pointed out.

 

Earlier this month, Abbas said the US-proposed deal of the century will eventually “go to hell.”

 

He made the remarks a day after chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat called upon Arabs to boycott the so-called deal of the century, describing his three-man team tasked with formulating the plan as “settlers.”

 

“Once again, I call on our Arab brothers not to talk to this group of settlers, [Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared] Kushner, [US Middle East envoy Jason] Greenblatt, and [US ambassador to the occupied

territories David] Friedman,” said Erekat, who is also the Secretary General of the Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO).

 

Leader of Hamas resistance movement in the Gaza Strip also stated on June 3 that the US-touted Middle East peace deal is “doomed to failure.”

 

“On behalf of [Gaza] clans, dignitaries and elders, we declare our outright rejection of the deal of the century, and all conspiracies and forms of normalization with the Occupation and we declare a state of national alert to confront it,” Yahya Sinwar said.

 

“The deal of the century is doomed to failure in one way or another, and we ask the peoples of our nation from all spectra to close ranks in the face of the deal,” the Hamas chief pointed out.




Related Contents

UK approved £14m in arms sales to Israel during Gaza protests

UK approved £14m in arms sales to Israel during Gaza protests

Recent findings have revealed that the United Kingdom rubber-stamped arms sales worth over £14 million ($17.8 million) to the Tel Aviv regime last year despite the fact that Israeli soldiers were accused of intentionally firing on Palestinian protesters along the fence separating the besieged Gaza Strip from the Israeli-occupied territories.

|

Palestinians mourn paramedic shot during clashes along Gaza border

Palestinians mourn paramedic shot during clashes along Gaza border

Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have held a funeral procession for a paramedic, who lost his life more than a month after being critically injured during clashes between Israeli troopers and a group of Palestinian protesters participating in an anti-occupation rally along the fence separating the besieged coastal sliver from the Israeli-occupied territories.

|

Users Comments

Videos

Qods News Agency


©2017 Qods News Agency. All Rights Reserved