Monday 14 October 2019 
qodsna.ir qodsna.ir

Yemen's military releases footage of retaliatory missile attacks on Saudi targets in Najran

Yemen’s armed forces have released new footage of their latest retaliatory attacks against Saudi-backed mercenaries in the kingdom’s border region of Najran.

As Reported by Qods News Agency (Qodsna) The footage, which was released on Friday, shows Yemeni troops and fighters from the Houthi Ansarullah movement using Kornet man-portable anti-tank missiles to target Saudi armored vehicles across the southwestern Najran region.

 

Following the strikes, mercenaries and members of the Saudi National Guard fled the battlefield and Yemeni forces managed to take control of their positions and seize a large amount of ammunition.

 

The Yemeni troops also set the armored vehicles on fire.

 

Ansarullah says it has recently captured 20 military sites belonging to Riyadh and its mercenaries in Najran.

 

On May 24, Yemen’s military released footage verifying a retaliatory attack on the Abu Dhabi International Airport last year, which had been denied by the UAE officials.

 

The UAE is Saudi Arabia’s key ally in its war on Yemen.

 

The US-based Armed Conflict Location and Event Data Project (ACLED), a nonprofit conflict-research organization, estimates that the Saudi-led war has claimed the lives of over 60,000 Yemenis since January 2016.

 

Yemeni fighters have made significant gains in orchestrating devastating retaliatory drone and missile attacks on Saudi targets.

 

Last month, the Houthi movement warned that 300 critical targets in Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) were in its crosshairs.

 

The warning came after the Yemeni army launched retaliatory drone attacks on a major oil pumping station deep inside Saudi Arabia, forcing state crude giant Aramco to temporarily shut down the pipeline.

 

The ability to shoot down enemy drones and conduct drone offensives is the latest game-changing development in a years-long war by Saudi Arabia and its regional allies -- mainly the UAE.

  •  




Related Contents

US officials ‘knew Saudi Arabia would fail in Yemen’

US officials ‘knew Saudi Arabia would fail in Yemen’

Senior US officials have known ever since Saudi Arabia began a war of aggression against Yemen that Riyadh would fail in the military campaign, something that they have also “bluntly” told the Saudis, a report says.

|

Users Comments

Videos

Qods News Agency


©2017 Qods News Agency. All Rights Reserved