Wednesday 14 November 2018 
qodsna.ir
qodsna.ir

The Guardian: Khashoggi killed for disclosing Saudi funding of anti-Iran TV channel

Saudi dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was killed on October 2 in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, might have lost his life for disclosing Riyadh’s funding of an anti-Iran UK-based TV channel, the British daily Guardian suggests.

As reported by Qods News Agency citing from the Guardian cited a source close to the Saudi regime as saying that the anti-Iran London-based TV channel ‘Iran International’ received an estimated $250m (£192m) from the Saudi royal court each year.

 

Now the Guardian correspondent, in a Friday tweet, has revealed that his source was Khashoggi, the Washington Post columnist who was assassinated on the same day as the report was published in a premeditated murder in Turkey blamed on Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman also known as MBS.

 

I can confirm that Jamal Khashoggi was killed because of speaking to me on the phone from Istanbul in the morning on 26 September, revealing that London-based ‘Iran International’ TV was funded by Mohammad Bin Salman and Saud al-Qahtani. ‘

 

— Saeed Kamali Dehghan (@SaeedKD) November 9, 2018

The Guardian later quoted the same source as saying that the ‘Iran International’ was being funded through a secretive offshore entity and a company whose director was a Saudi Arabian businessman with close links to bin Salman.

 

The source told the Guardian that Saud al-Qahtani, who served as media adviser to MBS and was among several senior officials removed in connection with Khashoggi’s murder, was involved in the funding of ‘Iran International’.

 

“It is money coming from the royal court,” the source – now revealed to be Khashoggi – said, when speaking about the Saudi crown prince.

 

Earlier this summer, the station came under fire for praising a terrorist attack in Iran’s Ahvaz and broadcasting live coverage of a rally by the anti-Iran terrorist group Mujahedin Khalq Organization (MKO).

 

Khashoggi, an outspoken critic of bin Salman, entered the Saudi consulate in Istanbul on Oct. 2, but never came back.

 

The Saudi kingdom, after denying the murder for several days, finally admitted that Khashoggi had been murdered in the consulate during an interrogation by rogue operatives that had gone wrong after diplomatic pressure grew tremendously on Riyadh to give an account on the mysterious fate of its national.

 

However, Saudi Arabia said that it did not know the whereabouts of the body, which is widely believed to have been dismembered.

 

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan later announced the assassination had been ordered at the "highest levels" of the Saudi government.




Related Contents

NY Times: Saudis Planed to Assassinate Soleimani in 2017

NY Times: Saudis Planed to Assassinate Soleimani in 2017

Saudi Major General Ahmed al-Assiri, who has allegedly been fired over the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, took part at a meeting in Riyadh in 2017 that involved plans to assassinate the kingdom’s “determined enemy,” Iran’s Major General Qassem Soleimani, as well as sabotaging Iran’s economy.

|

Daily Sabah: ‘I’m choking’ were last heard from Khashoggi

Daily Sabah: ‘I’m choking’ were last heard from Khashoggi

A senior Turkish journalist has revealed bits from a secret audio tape that was allegedly recorded from the brutal assassination of dissident journalist Jamal Khashoggi at the Saudi consulate in Istanbul, saying the slain man begged for his life before he died at the hand of killers. 

|

Saudi Arabia rebuked at UN rights council over dire human rights record

Saudi Arabia rebuked at UN rights council over dire human rights record

Saudi Arabia has been castigated over its dismal human rights record at the United Nations Human Rights Council, as the Arab kingdom faces a torrent of widespread international condemnation over the “premeditated” gruesome killing of dissident Saudi journalist Jamal Khashoggi in its consulate in Istanbul last month.

|

Khashoggi’s sons plead for father’s body

Khashoggi’s sons plead for father’s body

The sons of Saudi Arabian journalist Jamal Khashoggi, who was killed last month after entering the kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul, plead to be able to collect their father’s body.

|

Users Comments

Videos

Qods News Agency


©2017 Qods News Agency. All Rights Reserved